1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Can this piece of shit asshole come to his own fucking presser?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Any pitcher who hits or walks him from 10:00 CDT to 11:30 CDT for the next few nights earns my eternal gratitude.

Seriously.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why would 754 make you break 4 pages? It's doesn' mean anything until it' 755 and 756.

Total overreaction.

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Sorry, but you're wrong. I thing it's overblown as much as the next guy, but you don't just ignore him getting himself to within one home run of tying Aaron. If that means busting up a page that was ready to go at 10:45, that's what happens.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tight night.

Had nothing, added something. That bumped something, and that bumped something, and that bumped something.

And I agree, but we're under orders to play it front page for every HR from here on out...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ditto.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Or what they said.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Most nights, it isn't a problem. Axe something from the front and replace.

Because of a bunch of local and regional stuff, tonight was the domino effect.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is feasible in all cases, but in times like these it's often better to do it in reverse:

Plan on there being a HR story on the front, and then put something else out there if there isn't. Or simply put Bonds out there regardless, with a HR played big and a non-HR night at the bottom of the page.

You shouldn't need to "add" a Bonds story at this stage. It should be on the page 1 budget regardless (subject to moving inside if nothing happens). Not a perfect solution, but better than tearing everything up when he hits one.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's exactly what I did last night. When he homered, I moved the graphic from the bottom to the top of the page ... and there it sat until after his final at-bat. However, when he ties and breaks the record, we have a pre-made centerpiece that will need to be updated.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Should have been a promo.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Absolutely.

Of course, I'm sitting here watching the big-screen and hoping he hits two before I'm back on Monday night. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.