1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds! Yeah!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, May 7, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

So, did anybody ask Barry Balco when was the last time he took streroids? Used the cream or the clear? HGH?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

;D

Someone asked him a question something along the lines of who Bonds thought was the greatest HR hitter when he was growing up. Bonds said something like "Frank Robinson was pretty fucking good."

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That sort of talk will deeply confuse some of the people on this board. Carry on.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He wouldn't sign the ball.

http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20060508004209990005&ncid=NWS00010000000001

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll go out on a limb and say Will Ohman coughs up No. 714 tomorrow night in San Francisco and Glendon Rusch serves up 715 on Wednesday.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, baby! No. 713! Of course, I missed it while I was getting something out of the freezer, so that sucked.

I also heard the Philly stadium people sat down with some of the fans before the series to ask them not to make fools of themselves during the games. It went something like this:

Stadium crew: "So, why don't youse guys leave Barry alone?"

Fans: "He uses steroids. Everyone knows it."

Stadium crew: "So are you going to chant stupid shit when he bats?"

Fans: "Of course. He uses steroids. Everyone knows it."

Stadium crew: "Why don't you help us out and promote the park? Maybe you could cheer for the pizza or something?"

Fans: "We didn't pay so we could praise your pepperoni."

Stadium crew: "Just try it. All we are saying: Give pizza chants."

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bonds passes Babe Ruth, then retires before having to take another drug test.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Or Bonds doesn't hit No. 714 and retires after this year. Hey, one can dream.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why isn't Barry Balco being randonmly tested every week? The admission of using "flaxseed oil" and "linament" is enough cause for MLB to test him as often as it wishes.

In fact, there should be a guy in the Giants lockerroom Every day asking him to pee into a cup. EVERY FUCKING DAY!
    and Juicin' Giambi, too.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah but he took a picture with the guy; that's better than a stupid signature.

11. Zeemer

Zeemer Member

Bonds posed with the guy so his reality TV crew could shoot video of them. He wouldn't sign the ball, but as soon as he walked away, the video crew handed the fan a release for the show. Bonds wouldn't sign, but the fan had to. This is what we call "America."

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Enough about this drug-testing bullshit. If I wanted to think about peeing into a cup, I'd drink some apple juice and fire it up.

The man is on the verge of No. 714. Will he play tonight? Will he get it tonight? Don't you hear that thought echoing in that head of yours? No, don't give me that Mr. Edgar Friendly shit. It's Bonds, tying Ruth's record, and you damn well know it.

Draft saved Draft deleted