1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds! Yeah!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, May 7, 2006.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

Barry Bonds' rookie card ;D

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm getting ready for an evening of pasta, root beer and watching the man tie Babe Ruth. Yeah!

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, you might get your chance.

BBonds just hit one about 848248928489294758 feet into the RF upper deck, off the McDonald's sign. That's No. 713. He'll get another AB in the 9th if Alou keeps him in a losing effort.

4. Idaguy

Idaguy Guest

What's funny about tonight, though, is the fact that I just missed seeing the HR live and so I switched over to ESPNews to see the replay and wasted 30 minutes of my life and they refused to show it. All they would show was the box score and then they told us to stay with them in case Bonds made history. Why? So you can show me the boxscore again?
    The one time ESPN could have been helpful, they blow it.

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

That might have been the one time they could have been helpful but not the only time they've blown it.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That is well played.

And in the dualing shots on Bonds ... the biggest noticable change (outside his massive head) is in the shoulders and neck.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How long is this fucking press conference gonna last? Don't people have deadlines to meet?

8. wheateater

wheateater Member

..And Bonds drops an f-bomb on live tv. Best moment of my night.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Fuck.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Stop ripping on Barry. If he hadn't rubbed up on LeBron's mom then LeBron James might never have been born.

11. wheateater

wheateater Member

something along the lines of "frank robinson was fucking good."

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He stuttered when he said it, but it sounded like "freakin" to me. I seriously doubt it was anything more than "friggin", if anything.

It definitely wasn't "fuckin". And yes, it came when he was talking about how great Frank Robinson was.

Draft saved Draft deleted