1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds Vs. Armstrong - Who's the potentially biggest fraud?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jul 12, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True...that line about Armstrong getting slack Bonds doesn't get "I think it's because he's white" is what bugged me. I just think that is such a small part of why Armstrong gets so much slack.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Anybody who thinks the American media is covering for Armstrong is letting their opinion of Armstrong get in the way of their opinion of the media.

3. creamora

creamora Member

The french may have went after Armstrong for years, but they were doing the wrong test all along. The CIR (Carbon Isotope Ratio) test is generally not performed unless the T/E ratio test is elevated and then the CIR test is used only as a confirmation test. The CIR tests costs about $ 550 and therefore it is not practical to use it as a screen test. It is simply too expensive. Justin Gatlin had a normal T/E ratio, but his CIR results were positive. Apparently, someone dropped dime and he was targeted by USADA. Otherwise, the CIR test would not have been used. It's seemed to have been about competitive jealousy just like when Trevor Graham sent in the syringe of THG.

Draft saved Draft deleted