1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds, the HR chase & the race issue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, May 7, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I beleive Rocky Balboa was a fictional charcter?
    I guess I can empahtize with your personal feeling of accomplishment for the deeds of others who happen to be black, or cablanasian.

As A jewish person I guess I feel a certain pride in Albert Einstein, Saul Bellow, Joseph Brodsky, Niels Bohr, Felix Bloch, Milton Friedman, Paul Samuelson, and Albert Schweitzer.

But blind repsect for a person based on something as random as skin color does seem rather juvenile.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So when more than 50% of people said they wanted Bonds to break McGwire's record when he was chasing it, they still hated him? It's people's lack of memory on this subject that is bothersome.

And for the record, it really bugs me when people say definitively what was going through someone's mind when they decided to do something. How the hell do you know?

3. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

You are not qualified to speak or render opinions on what black people are thinking.....you look STUPID posting this.

Real Talk

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You'd like to think so, but since you don't know where I grew up and the culture I was surrounded by, it certainly brings tons more to the conversation than your dumb ass does.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow you're an idiot.
    Why in the hell would you call SAS "Snoop"? Because of the way he talks? Racist fool.

Secondly, SAS has been on Dirk's side the whole season. He voted him as the MVP. And in cased you haven't noticed,
    everyone has been bashing Dirk these days you idiot.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Balboa was a fictional character, so let's ignore that one.

I won't get into Cooney since I know almost nothing about boxing.

The Bird comment is a joke. The guy was a great player. Not a great WHITE player. A great player, period. End of story. If you can't handle that because he was white, again, that's your failing.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm really beginning to think Sportsbruh is a 13-year-old white kid with a severe case of acne typing away from his parents' attic in suburban White Plains.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been following Barry closely since well before 2001 and I've yet to witness an outpouring of love for him outside SF. Not on his way to breaking McGwire's record, nor after it. That's because there's never been one. However, there was a period of time in which fans overall were awed by his ability and were forced (begrudgingly?) to give him his due.

(And if you get so upset when people try to say what's going on in someone's mind, how could you make a statement like, America was ready to love Barry Bonds without getting mad at yourself?)

9. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Just because you hung out with a few black people that THREW YOU A BONE does not grant you a Ghetto card. No different than Peyton Manning playing with predominantely black players.

You are not to bright!

You just did it again!!!!!

Again, Just like I can't feel for the Jews and render opinions, you can't render them for Blacks that have systematically been marginalized by this Country's Founding Fathers.

SportsJournalists.com should reconsider who they allow to moderate.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Quote of the day.

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

How'd you know, wanna come over and MOLEST me? My parent are not home. I got fat booty and a real big _____.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Ghetto card? What the hell is a ghetto card. I that the same deck with all the other stupid card cliches such as the race card and the do-you-know-who-I-am card?

Draft saved Draft deleted