1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds outsells Spears and Hilton on ebay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Dec 7, 2007.

1. creamora

creamora Member

AP has reported that 145,000 Barry Bonds items were sold on ebay in 2007 compared to 34,000 by Brittany Spears and 27,000 by Paris Hilton. I predict Bonds will play baseball in 2008 because the controversy surrounding him will fill stadiums around the country and make some team a lot of money. It's about the risk to return ratio in business and there will be a team that will sign Bonds for 2008. His name simply has value. A Bonds trial is not likely until 2009. Apparently, the public likes to watch the circus.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/hollywood_wrap&id=5819320

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Giddy-up.

[​IMG]

3. I like pancakes.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bonds has captured the all-important drug-addled has-been category on Ebay. Definitely the reason to sign him to your ballclub.

BTW, the story that Whipple linked is stupid, poorly written, and doesn't even make sense. It compares numbers of Bonds items to $ amounts for the bimbos. Never a bigger 'who gives a shit?' article could be.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, you can't question cream. He's a SOURCE.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I like bunnies with pancakes on their heads.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Will this suffice?

[​IMG]

10. creamora

creamora Member

Bonds may hit 800 home runs before he's done. Wouldn't that be fantastic? I'll bet that sports journalists would absolutely love that accomplishment. Wonder where a rich somebody might decide to place that ball?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Wish I thought I could get a decent price for my two Barry Bonds chase cards, but every time I see a Bonds chase card on eBay, it either doesn't get a bid or sells for pennies on the dollar.

I have a 1991 Donruss Elite insert card when the Elites first came out. Immediately booked for $80, but has settled into the $70 slot.

I also have a Barry Bonds/Bobby Bonds dual jersey card from something like 2001 Topps. It booked at $95 at the time, but I think it's even down to about $70.

Where the hell's A-Rod and Mickey Mantle when I need them?

Draft saved Draft deleted