1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds offered minor league contract

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Nov 13, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Since when can anybody in the Frontier League field?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Does it Fuckin matter?
    Did the NL have a DH last year? It is independant Fuckin baseball.
    This is a stupid arguement since it will never ever happen

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I agree. Another indy team made an offer to A-Rod.
    Why does this crap get reported?
    I made an offer to Erin Andrews to be my girlfriend and nobody reported it. That's as likely to happen as one of these team actually signing a real player.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

The Toledo Mud Hens aren't an indie team; they're the Tigers' Triple-A squad. Anyone know if the Wild Things are a Veeck team?

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My mistake. I knew it was a minor league team that has no chance of actually signing Rodriguez, so I assumed it was an indy.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And there was more behind the Mud Hen offer too. I'm forgetting some of the details, but Bor-Ass or someone had mentioned the Hens somewhere along the line and they did the offer in response to that.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

That minor league offer may be looking pretty sweet to ol' Barry right about now.

Especially since Major League Baseball doesn't have a team called the Oakland Raiders.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

First off, unless they've changed the rules, Bonds can't play in the FL because of its age limit.

Secondly, as a resident of a FL town, let me second outofplace's statement: The Frontier League product sucks ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted