1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonds collusion! YEAH!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 7, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

If he retires he doesn't get his money. No way he retires.

And he might stick around long enough for 800 HRs or more, just because he knows it'll piss everyone off.

That said, there was nothing more surreal than watching gonzo journalist Steve Phillips chase Barry Bonds around the lobby yesterday seeking a comment, any comment.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I didn't say he would retire. He'd instantly develop a severe hangnail or aggravated groin pull.

As far as 800, no chance. The steroid-fueled carcass will never make it that far.

3. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

that phillips "interview" was amusing. it's like bonds was on a perp walk and phillips was seeking an on-air confession.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I like Phillips just fine, but the most amusing thing was Phillips, a former hot shot exec, reduced to asking a disinterseted player the same question 10 times in hopes of getting one usable quote. I guess Steve really is a reporter now.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's right, now no one will ever remember Babe Ruth or any of his accomplishments. Good job, Barry! You da man!

Too bad Babe couldn't have seen the future. He would've been okay with Hank Aaron passing him but if he had known about Barry Bonds he would have hit 80 or 100 more, at least, then said, "top that, motherfucker!"

He also would've struck Bonds out on three pitches.

:D

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Someone will sign him because they want to be the team with which he hit No. 756.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I posted this in the Hot Stove thread, but Baseball Digest is reporting the Giants and Bonds have agreed to a one-year, $16 million contract.

http://www.baseballdigestdaily.com/blog/2006/12/bonds-returning-to-bay.html

8. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't be pickin on my boy Stevie...

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

He's just pining for the fjords.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What happened in 1985, 1986 and 1987... THAT was collusion.

No way this approaches anything similar to that.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So a bitter, aging, racist, clubhouse-cancerous, injury-riddled hitter, who can barely play in the field, who is universally hated by the fans of 29 teams, who carries an entourage in the clubhouse, whose trainer is in jail, who sleeps during games and showers in the late innings thus makes himself unavailable to pinch hit in games with pennant implications, and with the owners handing out $45 million to Garry Matthews Jr, and $45 million to Juan Pierre, and $100 million to Carlos Lee, and with almost four months still left before the season actually starts, and there’s a charge of collusion?

You guys are something else.

Draft saved Draft deleted