1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bond vs. Bourne

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 6, 2007.

?

If you needed a top spy to either recover information, whack somebody or both, who would you take, u

1. James Bond

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Jason Bourne

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'd have to go with Bourne, especially after seeing (well, I remember most of it. I was a little "preoccupied" at the time) The Bourne Ultimatim. With Bourne, you know he'll be thinking with the head on his shoulders, not in his pants, and he doesn't waste any time being cute and funny. If you're in his way, you die with no eulogy from the killer.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bond -- Bourne has a lousy memory and doesn't take direction well.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Eh, as long as you make him visualize every target is Ben Affleck, then you're golden.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not sure you'd get the outcome you're looking for.

5. boots

boots New Member

Jerking off is no way to watch a movie!
    I think Bond and Bourne are two different type of operatives. The make up of Bourne is more of a serious nature.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I like the new "darker" James Bond. But I liked Bourne too.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good post, boots. And Bourne is solo. He doesn't get help at the last minute from the Army or CIA or friendly smugglers to take out all the baddies in the volcano.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I know that. That's why I had Mrs. Boots with me at the time. ;D

[/justkidding]

9. boots

boots New Member

If it's my ex, I hope you had a better time with her than I did. She is the most miserable creature that has stalked the Earth and I'm being very kind.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I picked Bourne, and frankly it's not even close. Although, I have an unhealthy man-crush on one Jason Bourne. Bond, eh, not so much.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

So that explains the bite marks...

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The bastard keeps pistol whipping me when I try to get close, but that won't deter me.

Draft saved Draft deleted