1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonanza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 27, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

The episode where Little Joe was afraid of heights, so much that he left a prized rifle up on a mountain peak rather than go fetch it -- and snapped at anyone who mentioned it or suggested he retrieve it -- always stuck with me. And I'm not even particularly afraid of heights.

Meanwhile, "Hoss & the Leprechauns" is great humor.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Damn, I thought this was going to be a thread about the restaurant.

5. I'm not mocking you. I'm just sharing with the board my admiration for a show that's long been off the air. A show to which cultural references to show one to be living in the past but with one's self being OK with being dated and out of touch. A yearning for the good ole days if you will.

When have I been known to mock you?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Love the show. Could never get my head around how someone could become so rich as to own 640,000 acres, though. That's the size of 30 Manhattan islands.

Also love how everybody is armed . . . and yet nobody is safe and is basically one insult away from pissing someone off and getting shot to death.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Once they went to a color picture they lost me. The Ponderosa looks fake.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

-- My wife went to high school with Dan Blocker's son Dirk.
    -- Former co-worker referred to every Asian baseball player as Hop Sing.
    That's all I got.

9. Harry Reid is a former co-worker of yours?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We were a Big Valley household.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Lancer" was my favorite. James Stacy and Andrew Duggan.

The show from that era that ages well is Wild, Wild West. Very clever writing and Ross Martin and Conrad had great chemistry.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Man From Uncle, Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea..where have you gone?

Has to be 15 years ago, I found Voyage on some channel around 5-6AM. I'd watch the damn thing in the mornings.

Back to Bonanza, the episode in Season 3 where Chester is run over by Newly in his wagon is hard to watch.

I never believed it was an accident as Newly claimed. I always though he wanted the 'sidekick' gig. Proved to be true in Season 19.

Draft saved Draft deleted