1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bonafide Baseball Hall of Famers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Got into a good discussion with a seamhead. He says the Mark Buehrle has guaranteed his place in Cooperstown with his second no hitter. But it got me to thinking, what other active players are sure fire HOFers?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe the story.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ragu. Time to grow up. I'm trying to open a serious discussion on the topic. You're supposed to be a moderator, someone that we should look up to for leadership not badgering. No one is telling you what to do but it's time to give it a break.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

You should feel violated.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Buerhle's not a shoo-in. As far as recent: Johnson, Clemens, Smoltz, Glavine, Hoffman and Rivera are shoo-ins. Pedro Martinez is probable

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Johnny Vander Meer had two back to back and he's not in.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think Buerhle's in.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

That was my argument. I put Buerhle in the same class as Vander Meer. Of every day players, Ichiro, Griffey, and Pujols lead the walk through Cooperstown. Pedro is in if he doesn't stink up his comeback attempt with the Phillies.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Pedro is in. Easy. Buherle? I don't think so.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't believe your story because I don't believe a "seamhead" would say that Buerhle has secured his place in the hall. The guy only has 133 wins to go along with his 3.76 career ERA. He needs 5-6 more really good years to make his case stronger.

Oh, and dooley, I don't see any way that Pedro isn't a lock to be in.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pedro is having an awful closing 3-4 years to his career, and more if he keeps dragging it out. His best being further and further in his past is not helping him.

Draft saved Draft deleted