1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bombing at Pakistan hotel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SlickWillie71, Sep 20, 2008.

1. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wonder if this'll change their opinion on letting us chase terrorists across the border?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, the problem is they're trying to chase the terrorists INTO Afghanistan. This will only accelerate that.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Good point. They care about the terrorist groups who kill Pakistanis, but they let go those who are streaming across the border to attack into Afghanistan.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

They should just leave the terrorists alone, try not to anger them.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

It seems like in the months since Bhutto was assassinated the amount of violence in Pakistan has increased. Don't know if this is the case or if I'm just more cognizant of it.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm not sure either. One day it seems like the absence of Musharraf is a good thing, and the next more violence erupts.

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Musharraf's presidency seems like a real double-edged sword. Perhaps the militaristic state helped curb some sectarian violence, but a nervous and nuclear-armed India wasn't good for anyone.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Perv fucked up by having Bhutto offed. He fucked up big time. And you can't convince me he wasn't ultimately behind it.

Draft saved Draft deleted