1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bombing at Norwegian Government Building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tweets from Ketil B. Stensrud, a journalist in Norway:

Pulled over in my car to tweet this.. BREAKING: Breivik's attorney has, in a radio interview with NRK, confirmed that his client (cont)

..belongs to an international network of right-wing extremists. He's planned his actions for a long time, and has requested the hearing ..

.on Monday to be open for world media, so that he can 'reveal all'. Strong suspicion of OSL/Utøya operation being funded by intnl n.work.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/2011/07/michael-savage-norways-official-story-not-so-fast/

Michael Savage seems to think this is a false flag operation by the Labour Party.

Right, a party would blow up the main government building and attack its own camp.

Everything is a conspiracy, huh?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nobody cares what Michael Savage thinks. Except you, apparently.

4. mb

mb Active Member

Let me attempt to understand this. He writes ...

So, what would make *more* sense would be if the Labour Party slaughtered its own people.

/smh

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Why are there still 9/11 conspiracy theorists? People want to make sense of chaos and reality is tough to accept.

6. TheSportsPredictor

I'm reading a brand-new book all about why there are still such theorists. One of the main reasons is there have ALWAYS been such theorists. People have been going on about giant conspiracies for hundreds of years.

[​IMG]

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How is that book?

8. TheSportsPredictor

It's decent. I think he's at his best when he is talking about the people involved in the conspiracy theories. I could do without some of the history, but the psychology behind the theorists is interesting.

One of the interesting things is that he says if you scratch a 9/11 truther you'll get a Kennedy truther to come out and quite often you'll find a Shakespeare conspiricist beneath all that. Apparently believing Shakespeare to be someone other than a guy named Shakespeare (i.e., Sir Francis Bacon and friends writing it) responsible for the works of Shakespeare. Sigmund Freud was very much a Shakespeare truther (obviously not a 9/11 or Kennedy truther) and based a large amount of his seminal work on an interpretation that Shakespeare wrote Hamlet (or Macbeth? can't remember offhand) as he did because Shakespeare had the same relationship with his own father. Then it turned out that Shakespeare's actual birth date was earlier than first thought so that timeline was off, so Freud decided someone else wrote the Shakespeare stuff who just happened to have a relationship with his father that matched what Freud said all along.

9. lono

lono Active Member

And the media gets it spectacularly wrong:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2011/07/media-reacts-news-norwegian-terror-suspect-isnt-muslim/40322/

10. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Breivik's manifesto in pdf form http://www.kevinislaughter.com/2011/anders-behring-breivik-2083-a-european-declaration-of-independence-manifesto/

11. mb

mb Active Member

For all the "media got it wrong" talk, didn't some jihadist outfit accept responsibility just after the bombing?

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

An organization most believe doesn't even exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.