1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bombing at Norwegian Government Building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

Awful, just awful. How another human being could do that to others is just mind-boggling. Most European countries don't have the death penalty if I am not mistaken? Does Norway? This guy has no right to go on living.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If they're in the European Union and I believe they are, there's no death penalty.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Belarus and Latvia are the last two European countries clinging to the death penalty, the latter only for wartime offenses.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There isn't much of an appetite for the death penalty in Europe (I am personally against it myself), but I wonder if this is so shocking they would attempt to get around it and charge him with crimes against humanity?

I know that sounds over-the-top, and maybe that would put him at risk of not being convicted at all, but capping 80 campers for what appears to be a political purpose is heavy-duty evil.

5. Football_Bat

That would mean trying him in The Hague, which means they'll die of old age first ... like Dick Cheney.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

AP has some chilling pictures of dead lying off the shore of the camp. I won't post the one I found.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Stay classy

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I vote for the guards to let a few inmates into his cell and then looking the other way.

What a horrible thing for the people of Norway.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The massacre in Norway was the work of a man with extreme right wing views who hated Muslims, police said this morning.

Officers found a series of raving internet posts by 32-year-old Anders Behring Breivik, who was arrested for gunning down children on the island of Utoya yesterday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017851/Norwegian-massacre-gunman-Anders-Behring-Breivik-right-wing-extremist-hated-Muslims.html

10. Football_Bat

Thank you, I shall.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Nothing classier than using the deaths of 80 people, many of them children, to get in a Cheney crack.

I can't imagine the horror the parents of those kids at the camp must have felt when they heard about this. Worst nightmare coming true. Thoughts and prayers with them all.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Were these Muslims he killed?

Nice to compare him to Dick Cheney.

Who gets more sympathy, a Muslim suicide bomber or this guy? Or are they both refuse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.