1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bombing at Norwegian Government Building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The only linking of Beck to this was pointing out he compared the victims of this to the Hitler youth.

Beck is the subhuman in this deal.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Wouldn't the subhuman be the guy who killed dozens of children?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the bigger picture, yes.

But I was responding to printdust's comment. Perhaps I should have said Beck showed "subhuman intelligence" to compare the victims to the Hitler youth.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ft. Hood killer: Muslim, yelled Allah Akabar when he fired -- let's not rush to judgement.

Oslo killer: Right-winger, Christian -- Just like all the other right-wing Christians.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cowardly bigot refuses to answer the question lono posed.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Fort Hood killer, the one a certain poster hoped had an American-sounding name before his identity was revealed.

BTW, the Muslim sympathizer who killed an Army recruiter in Little Rock received 12 life sentences plus 180 years yesterday in a deal to avoid the death penalty.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry. That's still your quote.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Lone nut?

Lone nut.

9. lono

lono Active Member

I don't have to prove anything. I never made any statements about the Palestinian cause, therefore there is nothing to prove on my part.

You're the one who made this statement:
    And has happened so often in the past, you've been asked to give a specific example. You been asked multiple time by multiple posters. And you can't.

So you resort to plan B: When you can't prove your point, you try to deflect it back on others.

With absolutely no basis in fact to defend yourself with, you go on the offensive and try to get other people to prove things they never said in the first place.

Because what you said not only was untrue, it was absurd on the face of it.

But as Azreal so correctly noted, it's still your quote.

And until you admit you were wrong, it will remain your quote.

Lone nut.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There appears to be a double-standard about how some stories are reported and covered.

How much coverage has Sgt. Asan Akbar received?
    The Ft Hood killings, while a major story when it happened, does seem underplayed.
    The US Media refused to show pictures of people jumping out of the Twin Towers on 9-11, but had no problem with the Abu Grahib torture pictures.

I remember how breathless and sanctimonious (Ted Koppel?) the media was in the 1st Gulf War(Kuwait) about not attacking during Ramadan, lest America upset the Arab street.

I don't think the media, generally, over plays the Christian aspect to McVeigh and Norway, but does seem to make it very clear, to the point of trying too hard, to try and distinguish Muslims who commit atrocities as not indicative of Muslims in general. (A hard sell IMO)

12. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Refused?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Falling_Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.