1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bombing at Norwegian Government Building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I have a feeling Michael Savage is going to go way beyond that on his show.

2. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Ah, Glen Beck. Out in right field without a glove as usual. And still a steaming pile of excrement.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Lone nut?

Lone nut.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Norwegian or Glenn Beck?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't understand when folks who are against the death penalty react to events like this and say it should be considered for certain individuals.

There's nothing logical or consistent about that.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, there is. It just means that they don't believe in the death penalty except for the absolute most heinous crimes. I get what you mean - it takes the absolutist steam out of their sails. But, depending on the foundation of their argument, there's definitely opportunity for gradations, no? Just like any sentence.

For the record, I'm against the death penalty for this guy just as I would be for anyone from John Wayne Gacy to Osama Bin Laden to Adolf Hitler.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guess which U.S. state was the Oslo killer's favorite, y'all?

http://bit.ly/oi3yTZ

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.pcworld.com/article/236459/did_oslo_terrorist_use_modern_warfare_2_as_training_sim.html

I saw a story earlier where somebody contacted the maker of the video games for comment. WTF are they supposed to say? "We're pleased Anders Behring Breivik was a consumer of our products, and sincerely regret if they inspired him to do malice."

9. vicd

vicd Active Member

Beck said the camp "sounds a little like the Hitler Youth. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics?"

Tea party group offers summer camp

TAMPA — Here's another option now that the kids are out of school: a weeklong seminar about our nation's founding principles, courtesy of the Tampa 912 Project.

The organization, which falls under the tea party umbrella, hopes to introduce kids ages 8 to 12 to principles that include "America is good," "I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable."
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/tea-party-group-offers-summer-camp/1175119

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Psst. dipshit:

Were these Muslims he killed?
    This was my quote. Read post 49 for the one above, which WAS NOT MINE.
    Mine:
    Nice to compare him to Dick Cheney.
    Who gets more sympathy, a Muslim suicide bomber or this guy? Or are they both refuse?

11. printdust

printdust New Member

You bitches are trying to compare this bastard to Tea Party people and a fucking state that's put two, actually three presidents in office over the last four.

It's beyond subhuman intelligence to link this guy with Glenn Beck, no matter what you think of Beck's political points.

But you radical lefties stay classy. Your president is reduced to begging the so-called wingnuts to give him a break. The same group you dismissed as "regional party" people after the Messiah was crowned God.
    You can't take it.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

And Iono, you prove there hasn't been ONE post defending the Palestinian cause on a thread where a terrorist strike against Israel has occurred. You obviously have more time than I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.