1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bomb Syria, Even if It Is Illegal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good heavens, quit being such wossies. You have the biggest military in the world. Go in there, get rid of Assad and appoint, say, Hilary Clinton as interim dictator. Everyone will be better off.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Oh we've been involved in hundreds of military operatiions but the last declaration of war was Dec. 7, 1941. That was my point.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

what is in the National Interest of the United States id Assad rules Syria or another dictator does?

They only thing in America's interest is if Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Iran, Afganistan break up into such little tribal states that they pose no danger to anyone

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with Syria. It's about Iran (and Russia) and Israel (and the U.S.).

5. heyabbott

Let Russia or Iran feed or kill those civilians, it still doesn't mean anything. What resources does Syria have that are worth occupying the country? Let Russian repress some Muslims in Syria for a while, then the terrorists will focus on them

6. coffeendoughnut

coffeendoughnut New Member

One little problem: All those little tribal states will always have a hatred of the west, with us in the crosshairs.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If Obama didn't draw the "Red Line", then the GOP would be calling him a wuss and saying he was leading from behind.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Assad's depredations have gone unchecked by this administration for a while.
    It took ghoulish photos of dead children plastered across sundry media outlets for him to decide it might be time to act.
    He must act.
    I know it's not in him, but he must.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Energy pipelines from Iran through Syria is at the heart of it all.

It's never about dictators. Never will be.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/aug/30/syria-chemical-attack-war-intervention-oil-gas-energy-pipelines

10. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Personally, I don't give a shit which side wins the politics of this. What I am worried about is sending our men and women to fight on the SAME SIDE as the bastards that brought our towers down on 9/11. By the way, please stay safe this 9/11 because with all this crap going on I shudder to think what is on the horizon.

11. heyabbott

bomb the pipelines. cruise missle or drone.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No, you get rid of the hostile dictators and replace them with someone beholden to your own best interests. Otherwise, what's the point in having the world's biggest military if you're not going to insist on getting your way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.