1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BOLO - Sports Editor opening upcoming in Indiana

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sportsguydave, Jul 31, 2009.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Hey all...

It hasn't been posted yet .. should be soon, according to my boss ... but my position, sports editor at a 9,000 7-day AM daily in northeast Indiana, will be available effective Friday. I was assured that they would be replacing my position: it's a three-daily family-owned chain covering 14 high schools and a D-III university in the NE corner.

I'm leaving for financial reasons, as I've found a better-paying writing-only position at a bigger paper that will give me a chance to cover some pro stuff, which I've wanted to do my entire career. The company is struggling a bit as we all are, but apparently positioned well to survive the downturn.

Anyone interested or with questions can feel free to PM me.

2. You should have put this in the jobs section.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I thought about it. I figured it would be moved here because there's no official posting yet. Just trying to save the mods some work .. :D

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Good luck, Dave. Glad you found a good opportunity.

Draft saved Draft deleted