1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boise State OT TD video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 2, 2007.

1. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

What smells of GPCs, has 112 teeth and hoots like mad at midnight? A group of four of our press guys watching the end of the Fiesta Bowl because it's the only thing keeping the paper from going to press. I would have loved to be somewhere with a lot of people last night because it was almost a party atmosphere in the newsroom. Amazing game.

2. KP

KP Active Member

The QB stepping forward while in the gun is only illegal if used to simulate a snap.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yep, I thought the same thing. I thought immediately "That's illegal motion. You can't move forward that much."

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The QB was in motion as a WR.

5. KP

KP Active Member

I thought he meant someone in the qb position stepping forward while in the gun in general, not that specific play.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Shawn Kemp

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Does anyone know where I can find video of Johnson's proposal? Damn, I can't believe I turned off that game.

8. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I'm telling you something, I saw that game last night stayed up late to see it that was the best football game that I had ever seen in my life. If this doesn't push for a playoff system in college football I don't know what does.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's because Thom Brennaman is among the worst announcers out there. The only broadcasting related talent he inherited from his father was his last name.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

From the gamer on si.com

Moments after Johnson ended the game, he asked his girlfriend, Broncos cheerleader Chrissy Popadics, to marry him.

I bet she can't wait to change her last name.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Honestly... that is a horrific missed call.

Pop Warner linesmen get that right.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Chrissy PopaJohnson?

Draft saved Draft deleted