1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boise State- Oregon Sucker Punch....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My god what a ridiculous overreaction to this...

Star RB plays like shit.
    Player on winning team taunts him.
    Star RB pops him one in the face.

What should happen?

The taunting player should apologize.
    The RB should apologize (already did) and be suspended for a game or two.

Everybody else can move on with their lives.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mizzou, you are leaving out attacking teammates and opposing fans.

This was not a moment of madness. This was 3-4 minutes of pure batshit crazy.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If it stopped with the Star RB popping a player in the face, sure. But it didn't stop there, did it?

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You'd be absolutely right IF it was ONLY the punch. If he'd stopped with the punch, I think this would've blown over and most today would be laughing about it and saying that smirking Boise prick got what he asked for.

But Blount cooked his own goose by continuing to act like a raging lunatic afterward going after a teammate, fans and having to be dragged off the field by police. Combine that with the fact that he reported has a history, including being suspended a couple months ago for a similar tantrum, and I think he may've ended his college career last night.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What are you implying?

6. 93Devil

Is there an example of this happening to this degree on a college field in the last 25-30 years?

If we cannot think of one, that might point to the severity of what Blount did.

7. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

For sure.
    Blount's reaction AFTER the first punch is what will get him kicked off the team, I would think.
    He was a raging maniac there for a good five minutes. Punching teammates, pushing cops, charging after fans.
    I can understand the initial reaction of wanting to knock that silly grin off the defensive end's face. The other stuff was completely indefensible. He lost total control. Plain and simple.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Per ESPN, according to NFL execs, Blount supposedly went from second- or third-round pick to undrafted with his actions last night.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does he get any points for coming out and apologizing right after it happened? At most schools a player involved in a big fight would be off limits for at least a month.

10. 93Devil

Would you consider the Kermit Washington and Ron Artest episodes equal?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Apparently not, especially given his history of problems ever since he stepped on campus.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's a long way til the draft. He's got plenty of time to rehab his image.

Draft saved Draft deleted