1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boise State- Oregon Sucker Punch....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Sep 4, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that there is no thread on this (If i missed it I apologize).

Really bad in my estimation, victim not even looking directly at the puncher. Blount (Ore) should be suspended for a long time. Hope Oregon athletics has the gumption to do it itself without waiting for the NCAA to step in.

If the NCAA still wants to put out the charade that it acts in the interests of the athletes, it needs to do it now and not worry about some stupid fishing trip or whether an athlete used a coach's cell phone to call Australia or how many text messages were sent the day before communication period starts.
  2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Check out the college FB thread. Long conversation this there.

But I will ask, how many games should the kid from Boise be suspended for instigating it?
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I missed it. But the two teams shaking hands before the game sure gave me goose pimples.
  4. Oz

Oz Active Member

None. Because no player would ever receive so much as a one-game suspension for a taunting penalty.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wonder what the kid said. He didn't look like he thought he was being that big of a dick about it.
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Apart from that big ol' grin on his face the moment he turns away, just before he got clocked.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he didn't get in his face. He just kind up popped up to him and moved on. If I had said something I thought was going to be taken ill by someone else, I'd at least keep an eye on them for the next few seconds.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I imagine the word "butthead" was involved. Like "Some ass whooping you gave us, butthead." I just imagine a smirk on the face of a big, pasty D-lineman from Idaho being accompanied by the word "butthead."

Ace, he definitely said something stupid. Chris Peterson looked to be telling him to shut up just as he was getting sucker punched.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am sure he said something stupid. I was just surprised that if he was going to do that, he didn't keep an eye on the guy he was taunting.
  10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So just because it's never happened before that precludes that punishment from being used here? Uh, no.
  11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Who's the idiot on ESPN right now saying Blount shouldn't get more than a one-game suspension?
  12. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Damn if this punch had been on a Friday night, I guess I would've been able to say that's the best punch landed on ESPN on Friday Night Fights all year. LOL.
Draft saved Draft deleted