1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boise and Nickelback

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Jun 8, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good...good...and D_B

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mama, let that boy play that rock and roll....

What the fuck did Jerry Doucette ever do besides that song? Triumph belongs here more than him.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Agreed. Yellow being the outlier.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

My radio station plays the shit out of "All I Wanna Do."

In fact, we play the shit out of pretty much every '70s Canadian artist on this thread. If I didn't know better, the program director is a member here and you are all his sock puppets.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The author posted some of the comments he received. Always, um, interesting, to hear from the readers!

http://www.boiseweekly.com/Cobweb/archives/2012/06/09/best-responses-to-the-nickelback-kerfuffle

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I liked how he wrote the preview for a band he admittedly doesn't like, and then a nice job in coming back with the mailbag. He forgot to call someone a "dickasaurus douchejuciest jealous prick," though.

:D

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

A few years ago, I heard a piece on NPR about a guy who bought a Nickelback album and thought it sounded awfully familiar. So he got his other Nickelback album, played it at the same time as the new one, and realized that the chord progressions, etc., were exactly the same.

I for one was amazed that anyone ever bought two Nickelback albums.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I went to a Foghat concert when I was 19 and I still rank them as one of the best bands I've ever seen. They put on a great show and Slow Ride was fantastic. And then Loverboy came on and everyone started pelting the stage with water bottles. :D

As for Nickelback, they suck. We all know they suck, but they're brilliant. They found a way to make catchy pop rock and make a gazillion dollars. I hate almost every song they make, especially because they play them on the soundtrack where I work every freaking day. But they I hear Photograph and get all weapy about high school. Bastards.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

My kid liked them when he was nine or 10, so I listened to one album a lot on road trips. Seemed OK enough, but I never heard another. (When he told me he liked them and I went to find the CD in a store, I was assuming the name was Nickle Bag, fwiw.)

Although from the comments here it sounds like I didn't need to.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not a Nickelback fan, but I fondly remember a day when people were professional.

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Somebody should hire this guy. I respectfully don't see anything unprofessional about pointing out that Nickelback is awful.

12. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I dunno. I found it hilarious, but as I understand it, this was supposed to be a concert preview. Not a review; not a column.

There's probably a time and place for his opinion. But I don't know that this was it.

Draft saved Draft deleted