1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BofA tries to shame son into paying his dead mother's credit card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Feb 9, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dear DCM. No.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, that'll fix the economy. We just need more dead people.

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

We, briefly, banked with BofA... I'm not altogether sure why they have customers because they made it real clear to us that it was a pain in the ass to them if we wanted to use our money. Oh, and some of their branches won't take coins. It's a bank! I'm depositing coins into MY ACCOUNT... with THE BANK... take the damn things!

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That's when you take your coins and every other dime you have to a competing bank. As it appears you've already done. BofA, quick to charge a fee, slow to close an account.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If I had the power to banish one person in the entire world to hell, it'd be the guy that invented that scam.

Be poor, have only a few bucks in checking account, deposit paycheck, wait five days, use debit card at grocery store, gas station, pay a few bills, come home and check account balance on the computer to find five overdraft fees at $35 each because they were withholding the deposit until after you tried to spend some money (but somehow, magically, the deposit cleared two minutes after the debits went through).

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Where do we sign?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I bank with BoA ... I admit, there are certain things that are a pain in the ass about it ... and there have been many times I've been pissed about the amount of fees they seem to assess out of thin air that I've threatened to walk.

Two reasons I haven't:

1) I travel a lot, and like being able to find a free ATM in anywhere in the country; and 2) It's just too big a pain in the ass to change my direct deposit info, as well as the other bills I have automatically deducted each month.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've always wondered about that. Technically, coins are legal tender...it even says so on bills...

"This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private."

While depositing coins into the bank isn't technically a "debt," how can a big say no?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sadly BoA isn't the only one who pulls this crap? And these banker types wonder why the public hates them?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm the same way. Your No. 1 was the reason I opened with them seven years ago.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I bank with BOA as well and I'm starting to become concerned the FDIC will throw up its hands and cry uncle when the inevitable BOA bank run happens and it collapses.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My wife banks with BOA and we have a home equity line of credit with them as well. If BOA goes belly-up and the FDIC throws up their hands, then they better be wiping out our debt as well as my wife's bank account.

Draft saved Draft deleted