1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bode Miller is Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 21, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not now that you're in it.

2. It was. But I'm a Walking Party Foul.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think Arnold's a charter member, along with Hank Scorpio. I only declare dead the ones I love :D

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good to know you've finally seen the light, chickie.

Bode Miller, long before being Dead. To. Sportschick. was irrelevant to most people.

6. sportschick

Again, the defending World Cup Champion is only irrelevant to you because people in the New York area think they they determine relevancy. To the parts of the country where skiing is huge, Bode remains very relevant. Baseball, however, isn't.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

See, I get that there's parts of the country where skiing is big. I live in one of them, at least sort of. But what the hell has the guy done this year, other than all but admit he's washed up?

Shouldn't we be paying attention to, say, Lindsey Vonn?

8. sportschick

He's eighth in the standings, the highest American by far. No reason you can't pay attention to both.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

If Bode is in it he can supply the weed.

10. sportschick

Bode brings the booze. There're others to bring the weed, like Tomas :D

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

OK, fair enough. Clearly I don't pay that close attention to it. Just seems like every time I pick up our sports section, he's crashing and she's winning.

Hasn't he said he's all but out of the Olympics though?

12. sportschick

Oh, he's said that, but you can't believe a word that comes out of the man's mouth. He lies like dog. He is getting up there for a skier though, and he hasn't been part of the U.S. ski team for the last coupla years.

Draft saved Draft deleted