1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob's not smiling anymore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/21/enzyte.indictment.ap/index.html

CINCINNATI, Ohio (AP) -- The maker of dietary supplements that claim to improve everything from sexuality to memory defrauded thousands of customers and banks of at least $100 million, federal authorities say.

A federal indictment names Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, its owner and president, Steven Warshak, and five other individuals, including Warshak's mother, on charges that include conspiracy, money laundering, and mail, wire and bank fraud.

They are accused by federal authorities of luring customers with free-trial offers and money-back guarantees, then billing their credit cards without authorization.

Warshak, who has 107 counts against him, denies the accusations and will continue to operate the company, his attorney said Thursday.

The company, which recently said it has 5 million customers worldwide, is known for its "Smiling Bob" ads that depict a man whose life gets better after he uses the company's Enzyte for "natural male enhancement."

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

They need to do something with Bob's wife. If mine were that atrocious looking, I'd also need something, anything, hell even a placebo, for my penis.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The beauty of how artfully those ads were worded and shot is that everyone THINKS Enzyte was supposed to give you a bigger member, but it actually was some sort of vitamin/pep pill thing that "enhanced" your energy. Of course, the ads also never told you that, like "Girls Gone Wild," once you bought your first batch, they kept sending them and billing you automatically, and even AOL was shocked at how hard, ahem, it was to get out of the deal.

So I'm told.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You mean it doesn't make it bigger ?!?!?!??!??!??!!!

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You're asking us?

6. Not trolling for hits on my blog but I was way out ahead of the curve on this one.

http://large-regular.blogspot.com/2004/03/smiling-bob-enzyte-guy-no-product-or.html

That's from March of 2004

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Try this instead:

[​IMG]

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I mean, I just ordered a buttload. His wife looks so happy when he gets home. And he swings the big stick!

People really fall for that shit? There is indeed one born every fucking minute.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Talk about hard news ...

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just joking with you Moddy.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Like all of our Mama's told us:

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

This is Bob. He no longer has to wear that fucking smile, or listen to that horrible whistling music.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Moddy order a 'buttload' of penis pills?

Ewwwww.
    Not that there's anything 'wrong'' with that ...

Draft saved Draft deleted