1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Bobby"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

People become a lot more interesting when they're assassinated and people can only speculate on what would have happened if they lived...

Maybe he becomes like his brother John, and maybe he becomes like his brother Teddy and drives his pregnant secretary off a bridge...

We'll never know...

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Putting 'peace in the Middle East' on your agenda doesn't equal fruition. And of course Bobby wouldn't have talked about red states and blue states, it wasn't part of the parlance of his time.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I wanna be campaign manager for Teddy's opponent next time he's up for re-election.

"Ted: the Kennedy brother who wasn't worth shooting."

4. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I liked the movie.

No, it's not going to win any Oscars, and no, it wasn't really about Bobby Kennedy, but that wasn't what it was supposed to be. It attempted to capture the mood and the hopes of the country at that time, and I think it did a good job of that. The nation was very vulnerable after Martin Luther King had been assassinated, but still hopeful about RFK. After his death, a lot of ambitions for the future were put to rest. And we got Nixon. Don't forget that.

It didn't make great use of all the talented actors in the cast. The most underutilized was Martin Sheen.

I thought Sharon Stone was really good, and I also didn't know it was her until the credits rolled.

The strongest of the pairings was Lawrence Fishburne and a young Latino whose name I think was Freddy Rodriguez.

No, it wasn't poetry. But it wasn't crap, either. At least that is my opinion, and you are entitled to it.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Freddy Rodriguez was a regular on the HBO series "Six Feet Under." Terrific young actor who I think will bust out with a big role in the next year or two.

And if there was a pairing that worked in "Bobby," yes, it was he and Fishburne.

(Helen Hunt as Martin Sheen's wife? There's suspension of disbelief, and then there's...)

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

That made me laugh.

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Damn. That's one scene I don't want to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted