1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Valentine to Boston

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 29, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't get where people think Bobby's a clubhouse disciplinarian. He's always been a guy in it for himself. He had his bacon saved once when Steve Phillips decided to fire the entire coaching staff instead of firing the manager, when he should have.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm sure Big Papi is. He might have to get in something resembling shape (using his parimeters) prior to July.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was almost surely a Freddie Skill Sets decision. Just like everything in Shitty Shealand was a Freddie Skill Sets decision. Take it to the bank: Freddie Skill Sets didn't want to be on the hook for another year-and-a-half of Bobby.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

BYH, the problem with Beckett is that his tendency to drop in performance/physically wear out in the final third of a season seems to be getting worse and worse.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh I completely agree. I won't be surprised at all if the first half of 2011 is as good as it ever gets for Beckett in his 30s. But he is a prideful pain-in-the-ass Texan, so I wouldn't be surprised either if he decided it was him against the world, decided to lose weight and get in shape and shove it up everybody's ass.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Seriously, he takes credit <a href="http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/11/30/ap_source_red_sox_choose_valentine_as_manager/">for this</a>? What a foof.

7. Jack McKeon invented the Pony Express

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

This has disaster written all over it. Larry L. suck and he will certainly ruin the Red Sox.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hey Will, I didn't know you could log onto SJ from upstairs. (Or is he downstairs?)

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who let idiotsnetwork back in here?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

This fucking guy again?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sushi and Saki

Draft saved Draft deleted