1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby V Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry but what Bobby V is doing in Boston deserves a running thread all of it's own. It's going to be fun to watch.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fired by Labor Day.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's going to be spectacular.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The title of this thread just makes me smile. :)

You're right, Boom. I love Bobby V. Long live Bobby V.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ten games into the season, Boston is 4-6 and two games out of first.

I know he ripped on Kevin Youkilis, but isn't it a tad early to start putting realty signs on Valentine's yard?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's just it. Only 10 games in, and he's ripping on someone who "Red Sox Nation" holds near and dear. Ask Boston fans whom they would rather have if they could only have one....Youkilis or Valentine.

8. Boom_70

Youk's a wicked cool guy. You can't rip Youk. Babby Veee
    sucks.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Red Sox Nation held Curt Schilling near and dear for a time, too, but it's a very fickle nation. I admit that Bobby V's criticism is a bit early (just like this thread), but if Youk keeps faltering in big spots, fans are going to start agreeing with the crazy scientist manager.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It seems like Youkilis has got a bit of burgeoning reputation as a pain in the ass in the clubhouse, too. He can be a pain in the ass all he wants as long as he produces and keeps playing like a tough SOB. But if he stops producing, or doesn't play tough as he always has, Sox fans will turn on him.

11. Boom_70

And might I say, what a beautiful smile.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Bobby Valentine is brilliant in that he actually somehow makes it even easier to hate the Red Sox. It's something I would have thought impossible before he was hired.

Draft saved Draft deleted