1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Simone's death

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

:'( I know, I'm a wuss... just saw this episode of NYPD again on TNT and, once again, tears are streaming down my face.

I apologize... I just needed to say it.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Best single episode of network TV that I've ever seen.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Tivo'ed it.

I can never get through the one where Sipowicz has prostate surgery and tries to walk in the stockings at the end without misting up, either. (I know that sentence is a syntactical nightmare, it's early).

Quality show at or near its peak.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

The death itself was gut-wrenching and tear-jerking, featuring great performances by Smits and Franz, but as I recall, the run-up to it was really stupid [the good doctor vs. the bad doctor].

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I fell asleep before getting to that episode, and I'm kind of glad I did. It gets to me to. Viva la Sipowicz.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

But at least they replaced him with Mark-Paul Gosselaar.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

His character didn't have enough zany money-making schemes for my taste.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it was Rick "Stop Calling Me Ricky" Schroeder, then Mark-Paul Gosselaar.

The funnier thing was how they kept hooking Sipowicz up with hotter and hotter women as they went along.

Still, a great show, even at the end. I didn't care for the build-up to Bobby Simone's death, either, but the actual episode he died in was very well done.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Without Hill Street Blues, there'd never be an Andy Sipowicz and NYPD Blue.

10. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Yeah, remember when he tried to get Sipowicz to join the Zack Attack? :D

Actually, MPG was decent on that show, as opposed to Schroeder, who was working a fake Brooklyn accent and saying 'anyways' every five seconds.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember the episode where Sipowicz had to tell his youngest son that his mother had been killed...

My jaw was on the floor...

I stopped watching toward the end, but I will always maintain that the first season of NYPD Blue is the best full season of a network TV show that I have ever seen...

I know Caruso is a punchline now, but he was fucking amazing on that show. That was when he actually acted, rather than overact.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Sorry for overlooking the Schroder administration.

"CHAMP! CHAMP!" (sobbing)

Draft saved Draft deleted