1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Murcer to have biopsy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Recent MRIs have shown a dark spot in his brain. In an e-mail, his wife, Kay, says that it's either scar tissue or another tumor. With the glut of self-important, egotistical and/or inept broadcasters polluting baseball airwaves, Murcer is one of the few I'd have no problems listening to over and over and over again. He'd make a telephone book sound idyllic, not to mention he's one of the few that can spit out a good Scooter story. Here's the link:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spmurcer0301,0,75057.story

Say some prayers, folks. It's bad enough the Yankees lost one Oklahoma-born center fielder to cancer. Hopefully they (and the fans, too) won't lose another.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh man when I saw this thread and the letters bio I hoped the next six letters would be "graphy."

That sucks on so many levels. Such a kind-hearted man. Horrible to say, though, that it isn't a surprise given how bleak his prognosis was when he was diagnosed.

Hoping for the best.

3. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

If you click on the link for pictures from Spring Training, the sixth one is Hank and The Boss. He doesn't look long for this world, sadly.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That George is sporting longer hair is a pretty damning sign to me. If Mr. Everything Neat And Orderly can't cut his hair...

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hank, or the Boss?

I think that Hank's hair was an endangered species two months ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted