1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Knight quits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Feb 4, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

After decades of talking about commitment and all that crap?

You fucking see it thru. I wouldn't mail it in for six weeks, but you see it thru. It's the first fucking thing you learn from your parents as a teenager, when you have a job you hate or join a team you don't like. See it thru.

I hope Knight's a gutless quitter, because the alternative sure doesn't seem very good.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Exact repeat of the halftime show of Marquette-Louisville game.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I was refering to this, BYH.

Which way is better? Be honest and say "look, I can't and don't want to do this anymore" or mailing it in?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But of any media person right now, other than the sports editor Knight was best friends with, who would you listen to on this subject other than Knight himself?

Quinn Buckner's phone I'm sure is ringing right now as well.

5. 93Devil

OK, thanks.

I obviously missed the first half of the halftime show.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I just think you see it thru. You've coached for 40-odd years. You can put six more weeks of work in without mailing it in. If he's not sick, he owes it to himself to walk out with some integrity.

7. Nothing Digger Phelps says is newsworthy.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

So, BYH, is Mike Hargrove a gutless quitter, too?

9. 93Devil

Do you know the background between the two?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Now I am tired of this shit. I'm sick and fucking tired of an 8-10 record. I'm fucking tired of losing to Purdue.

I'm not here to fuck around this week. Now you may be, but I'm not. Now I am gonna fucking guarantee you, that if we don't play up there Monday night, you aren't gonna believe the next four fucking days. Now I am not here to get my ass beat on Monday. Now you better fucking understand that right now.

This is absolute fucking bullshit. Now I'll fucking run your ass right into the ground. I mean I'll fucking run you, you'll think last night was a fucking picnic. I had to sit around for a fucking year with an 8-10 record in this fucking league and I mean you will not put me in that fucking position again, or you will goddamn pay for it like you can't fucking believe.

Now, you better get your head out of your ass.

11. I know Digger thinks they're good friends.

And I know he's a jackass.

12. Thanks for reviving that John.

"I'm fucking tired of losing to Purdue" makes me smile every time I hear it.

Draft saved Draft deleted