1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Knight at Big 12 media day

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I really get a kick out of you folks who get all in a tizzy about 'Bobby Knight did this ... Bobby Knight did that," "He said this, he said that."

All of you who complain about him just feed into it by making a mountain out of any molehill with him, and he knows it, so he just plays into it.

Those of you whose emotional state, demeanor or whatever you want to call it is predicated on the life of Bob Knight are just as foolish as he can be at times.

Bob Knight is what he is. Get over it.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Plus Bob Knight talking about baseball is a good thing. It's still baseball season, those of you who want to close the books on what has been a great year.

Full disclosure: College basketball is my second favorite time of the year. Before long we'll see a Knight rant. :)

3. Thought it was much more interesting than whatever coach-speak nonsense he might have used to preview his basketball team.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

OK. We will. Thanks.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bob Knight and Mike Leach ... making Lubbock a journalistic destination. Who knew?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if he just did this to fuck ESPN...

If he did, he's my hero...

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It is what it is.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I dont' know if you were referring to me, but I started this thread because I thought it was highly entertaining. Nothing more, nothing less. So get out of my butt.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

The problem, shaggy, is your original post said "chose not to answer questions about basketball during his podium time," and that is not true.

Made it seem like you were ripping him.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I also said "Classic stuff"...which doesn't mean the same as "man, what a fucking prick! I'm hung up on this guy!"

11. txscoop

txscoop Member

I think most of you who trash Bob Knight have never sat in a press conference with him. And you all wish you can sit in a press conference with him.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

And the writers were in on the joke?

That's the only way it makes sense.

txscoop: OK. I'll play. Why do we wish that?

Draft saved Draft deleted