1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Knight at Big 12 media day

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Chose not to answer questions about basketball in his podium time. Classic stuff.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/big12/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/07-textm-media-quotes.pdf

2. Jackass, now d/b/a Jackass In The Boondocks.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why would anyone ask Bobby Knight non-basketball questions? I could see one as an ice breaker or being a good sport but beyond that is just twatwafflism.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think that was funny though. It's not like he blew off any questions. He answered everything.

5. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I don't get it. Was it a stipulation, before he entered the room, that he wouldn't?

What was his reasoning?

6. John

John Well-Known Member

That was very strange. Only one guy had a relevant question? I hope the rest of the guys don't have a tab or preview stories to do.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeahhhhh, I don't follow this. Was he just being an ass? Why the hell does anyone care about what Knight has to say about baseball?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Either Knight said he wasn't talking about basketball, or the Big 12 writers should be ashamed of themselves for not asking better questions...

I hope it's the former...

9. I don't see where he chose not to answer basketball questions -- only one was asked and he answered. I may be missing something, but this may be one of the few times I'd say Knight didn't do anything wrong.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Basically, Knight went to a table in the back after this worthless podium shit and plenty of hoops questions were asked there for about an hour. He was in a great mood.

Podiums are worthless at Big 12 media days. The sole reason is for ESPNews to get a feed.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If that's the case, more power to him...

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He actually gave a good, straightforward answer to the only basketball question. Sounds like the scribes there were gutless.

Draft saved Draft deleted