1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Jindal releases his birth certificate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

I posted it because the headline alone is so absurd.

The whole thing -- including the reaction from some -- makes "birthers" look more ridiculous, not justified.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If he doesn't get how bad this makes him look,how embarrassing this is, he will never be able to lead in any substantive way. What a cheap, transparent stunt, and a miscalculation of the ability of Americans to smell bullshit.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Attention whores be whorin'.

(Jindal, not YF.)

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The guy's not stupid, but the degree to which he's frequently oblivious to just how he's (NOT) getting over when he opens his mouth is beyond remarkable.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yep. Tone deaf, says a friend closer to his handlers than I am. Tone deaf, him, and tone deaf, them.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish Ben H would stop, too.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

well-played

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

One of the fallback arguments for birthers is that being born on U.S. soil is not enough to be a natural-born citizen. They claim that the founding fathers relied on the writings of some obscure Swiss philosopher named de Vatell who wrote that to be natural-born, a person's parents must both be citizens.
    That's why they claim Obama is ineligible, as is Jindal.
    For all the talk about how much Obama hides his past, he's never made any secret of the fact that his father was not a U.S. citizen. One would think if it were common knowledge that having two citizen parents were a requirement, somebody would have brought that up during the 2008 campaign and Obama would have been off the ballot.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Let's just put a sign like they have at amusement parks in front of the White House: "You must be this tall to ride this ride!"

10. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Mitch Daniels: "Goddammit!"

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The most interesting aspect of this is the possibility of Jindal running. Every indication was he was going to wait until 2016.

I don't know if he could beat Obama. At this point, I don't think anyone can, but there's a lot of time between now and Nov. 2012 and Jindal is a much better candidate than the other republicans out there.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Make it a sign that says "You must be this smart to ride this ride!" and I'm down with that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.