1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bobby Bonilla's contract

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, May 4, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He could have created a tourism company, specializing in showing tourists the Bronx.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, that isn't true. Bonds knows how to be gracious and nice, even funny. He just doesn't do it very often.

Not that I care. All three guys in that outfield were pricks, but it was still fun to watch them play.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I remember a Denny's commercial endorsement that Bonilla got. Two old ladies were sitting in ther restaurant and one whispered to the other, "That's Bobby Bo-nilla (rhymed with vanilla)....anyway, I'm curious if someone in the know can tell me what the general feeling from other players or from fans was, of Ricky Henderson. He always seemed to me like he had a big ego.
    Anyone ... ?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rickey Henderson had an ego and could be a prick at times. However, there were moments when it was justified. When he was accused of "jaking it" while with the Yankees, I would've acted like a prick too. If a guy says he's hurt, he's hurt. You can go to a dentist and he'll give you as much medication as needed. Everyone's pain threshold is different.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bonilbo01.shtml

I never realized the Pirates lost him as part of the Rule 5 Draft when he was in the minors.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. Traded Jose DeLeon to the White Sox to get him back.

7. RecoveringDesker

RecoveringDesker Active Member

It would be fascinating to see which former players are still getting what and from whom.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There was a link to the story that had a list of a few players who will continue to receive money.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I keep clicking on here to see what sort of incoherent rant beej has.

I am shocked that we have none yet.

10. RecoveringDesker

Yeah, I saw that link with the partial list. I guess I was looking for a more complete list. Even if the names aren't familiar anymore and the amounts aren't much, I'd still love to know who's still getting what. I'll bet there are some off-the-wall interesting stories out there.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bobby Bonilla is a broke former athlete.

Barry Bonds will soon be a broke former athlete who will be a convicted felon for the rest of his life.

12. RecoveringDesker

Well, except Bonilla is NOT a broke former athlete.

Draft saved Draft deleted