1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Watson is a freaking moron

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pantalón del Fuego, Aug 5, 2008.

1. From the AP:

NEW YORK (AP) — Kansas City catcher Miguel Olivo and pitcher Zack Greinke have been suspended five games each for causing trouble in a weekend game with the Chicago White Sox.
    White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen was suspended two games and Royals manager Trey Hillman was given one game Tuesday. All four penalties also included undisclosed fines.
    Baseball disciplinarian Bob Watson issued the suspensions following Sunday’s game in Kansas City.

Let's see: A head-hunting manager KNOWN for calling for intentional beanballs, to the point of disciplining his own players for not intentionally throwing beanballs, is suspended 2 games, and only for arguing I presume.

A catcher grabs a guy and holds him so his pitcher can give him a love pat is not suspended at all, nor is the love-tap pitcher.

The batter, who was (presumably) intentionally thrown at on THREE CONSECUTIVE PITCHES, two of them hitting him, is given five games. And the pitcher who hits a batter TWO INNINGS LATER is suspended five games.

This is exactly what is wrong with baseball. Ozzie Guillen should be doing time, not acting as a major league manager.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As a Twins fan, keep Ozzie in the dugout as much as possible.

3. cortez

cortez Member

Ozzie needs to grab some pine

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bob Watson was great playing himself in the Bad News Bears Breaking Training.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't think your going to intentionally hit a batter with the bases loaded. The ump has apologized for tossing the pitcher.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you don't think they were intentionally throwing at Olivio, you're batshit insane.

I hear Ozzie keep saying the bases were loaded. Who gives a shit? They were down 42 fucking runs, or whatever.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Fuck the Pale Hose. I am on the fucking Twins bandwagon, at least insofar as I hope they win the AL Central.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think even Pallister would have to argue that Ozzie ordered it. Hey, whatever happened to Sean Tracy? Note, too, that Jon Garland, who also failed to hit a batter on Ozzie's order, is no longer with the White Sox.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"LET THEM PLAY!" was never more appropriate

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Ozzie's openly admitted to ordering pitchers to throw at hitters.

These spoiled brats should be lucky I'm not in Bob Watson's job. Ozzie'd get 30 games at least.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

There are some seriously fucked-up players in major league baseball, and most teams have one.

But nobody in MLB should be banned more than Ozzie Guillen.

Criticize the officiating?
    Get suspended and fined.

Openly admit that you have ordered pitchers to intentionally throw at batters in the past and you plan to do it in the future?

Get on SportsCenter.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outing alert: Harley is Jay Mariotti

Draft saved Draft deleted