1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Stoops=Fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 2, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's awesome. Mouthbreather. Might have to add that to knuckledragger and yeehaw.

Twenty-four posts in and it's unanimous: Hondo is a know-nothing douche. Congrats Hondo! You unite SJ like no one else. Please keep polluting the board with your lack of wisdom!

2. All that may be true. But the idea that Bob Stoops, one of the best coaches in college football, is a fraud is beyond laughable. And personally, I hate the guy and revel in his every defeat. But he's a great coach.

3. Not agreeing with the original post at all. Stoops has done a nice job with that program and made both he and his university some serious coin in the process.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

What someone hasn't brought up yet is that a bunch of that 2000 team was Blake leftovers. It was only Stoops' second season. Interesting weave into the conversation, but if you're going to call him a fraud and not use this as an argument, you have no EFFING chance.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, you could always spin it and say he coached those leftovers up to win a national title. So there's that.

6. I wouldn't call Stoops a fraud, but I do think he's a little over-rated. He's a great coach, sure, but being in this state, you hear people and the media act like he's the greatest coach in the history of the world.
    If I had to pick one coach for a game in which my life was at state, I wouldn't hate it if Stoops were the man on my sideline. But he also wouldn't be my first choice (I'd probably take Tom Osborne myself).

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just win baby.
    And blow me. I'll let you know when I need your sympathy. Just because I have the opinion that Bob Stoops might not be the genius he's been built up to be, I get called "idiotic and pathetic?" Fact: Bob Stoops is supposed to be a defensive whiz. His team gave up 43 to Boise State. Lord knows how many he would have given up to West Virginia, Louisville, Ohio State or USC.

Plus, in his last BCS title game, he gave up more than half a hundred to USC. That's not being a defensive genuis.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Brian Billick is supposed to be an offensive genius and look at his teams with the Ravens. Tony Dungy is supposed to be a defensive genius and look at his teams with the Colts. Sometimes, it's funny how things turn out.

Yeah, they gave up points in bundles. Doesn't change that he's a good coach ...

1999 -- 7-5, unranked
    2000 -- 13-0, national champs
    2001 -- 11-2, sixth
    2002 -- 12-2, fifth
    2003 -- 12-2, third
    2004 -- 12-1, third
    2005 -- 8-4, 22nd
    2006 -- 11-3, TBD

... Any time he wants to coach the Jayhawks, by any means, I would take that "fraud."

9. printdust

printdust New Member

Here's a thought...

Is Stoops a Switzer? How do most Boomers feel?

End of thread.

10. No, you moron - - it's because you started a thread saying he is a "fraud."

If you had merely said "considering OU's performance against Boise State in the Fiesta and against USC two years ago, Stoops should not be considered a defensive genius" I doubt too many people would taken issue.

Again, I am no OU supporter, but calling Stoops a fraud definitely makes you idiotic and pathetic.

Draft saved Draft deleted