1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Seger on Leno

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 15, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

R. Dean Taylor (Indiana Wants Me) was also white and was also signed by Motown. What was Berry Gordy thinking?

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Now that's fightin' words.

3. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

and you're an idiot.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not much better, not as good, but kinda in the same ballpark.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bob turned one of the best lines ever ... "i wished i didn't know now what i didn't know then."

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he gave "like a rock" to detroit when the car industry was struggling like hell. read an interview with him saying he wished he never did it because they wouldn't stop using the damned thing.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I never realized how many Bob Seger songs I liked until reading through all of them on this thread. Too bad iTunes doesn't have more of them... I'd be doing some serious downloading right now.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Is it bad that I misread this as "Bob Saget on Leno" ... and clicked on it?

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Wasn't Teena Marie also signed to Motown?

Get Outta Denver -- a great pub rock/early punk cover by Eddie and the Hot Rods on Teenage Depression

Saw Seger a couple of times ... Alto Reed did the swinging-on-a-bungee-cord routine.

Only a few live albums are in the same breath as Live Bullet -- but his studio stuff never, ever did it for me.

Bought a black leather vest at a garage sale -- I plan to go as Bob Seger on Halloween. How long does it take to grow a mullet?

And as much as I like Seger, he's no Neil Young. Sorry. Not even particularly close and nothing to do with Canadian content.

YHS, etc

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

young isn't even in the same ballpark. neil kneels.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That is definitely one of the best lines ever.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Starpulse News Blog
    News Categories: Celebrity • Movie • Music • TV • Video Game • Archives • RSS / XML Feeds • News Home
    09/11/06
    09:56:48, Categories: Music News
    No More Chevrolets for Environmentally Friendly Bob Seger

Bob Seger has shocked car makers at Chevrolet after decades of loyalty by admitting he prefers Porsches and Nissans. The Michigan musician famously sang about his love for Chevrolet in his 1976 track “Night Moves” and allowed General Motors to use his song “Like A Rock” in their advertisements.

But after watching Al Gore's global-warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth, Seger admits he is starting to see the beauty in smaller, more environmentally-friendly vehicles and his love affair with Chevrolet is over.

He says, "I don't have any of them anymore. Not one, no. You just look at oil prices, and it's just, 'Wow! You've gotta do something.' We consume so much and it can't be good for the economy, the whole country in the final analysis to consume as much as we do."

In his new song “Between” from his latest album Face The Promise, Seger sings, "We buy a bigger engine and say it isn't me."

Draft saved Draft deleted