1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Saget standup on HBO now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Feb 1, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

He makes Jim Norton seem like an altar boy.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Did you see Saget in The Aristocrats? He was phenomenally filthy. And hilarious.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"Kimmie Gibbler. Fucking bitch."

Awesome.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

It's on HBO West now, and it's about the 20th time I've seen this. Still, the stream-of-consciousness animal-fucking bit with Jared of the audience always has me in tears.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The thing I like about Bob is that it doesn't seem like he takes a breath. He reminds me of a friend of mine with his delivery. And he's way more vulgar. It's like the polar opposite of Danny Tanner.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He strikes me in that show as having done a mountain of blow beforehand. Doesn't lessen the hiliarity mind you.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if he was on something. I'm not watching, but I've seen his act a couple times, and his delivery never changes.

8. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I must be in the minority, because I didn't laugh at that special. I was extremely disappointed. Seemed that every sentence had to have at least one profanity and/or sexual reference in it.

I have a mouth like a sailor, and even I was appalled. I guess I think true comedic genius lies when you don't have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Present company excluded. :D

9. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

He was indeed phenomenally filthy. If anyone hasn't seen the Aristocrats, I highly recommend it. Many good laughs to be had

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fornicate yourself in your vagina you fornicating mother fornicater.

See? Doesn't have quite the same oomph. :D

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

After his telling of The Aristocrats, anything else he does is tame.

BTW: The Aristocrats is the funniest "movie" I have ever seen

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Quit being a butthead, you big meany.

Draft saved Draft deleted