1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Ryan have work done?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think Reali's got star power. But hey, we all like who we like.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Stat Boy goes from getting coffee for the bosses to an afternoon's delight for ESPN.

3. this comment is beyond ridiculous and can only be a product of pure jealousy.... i've never met a young person who has handled unintended success better than reali... he's the exact same person now as when i met him the first time and he was just a 24-year-old kid who was happy to be stat boy. the dude has no ego.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

ESPN will now give you a C-note, big guy.

5. yeah, i've made my living saying things to gain the approval of espn bigwigs. yep. that's me..

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Reali's harmless. I actually think he does a good job on "Horn".

Whitlock, when are you going to be on "The Sports Reporters" again? The show needs you.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Whitlock has a smooth delivery on TV. The man is more suited to radio than print.

The last thing ATH needs is a guy who talks about eight octaves above normal.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Never met Statboy myself, but have known people who used to work with him. Heard good things about him. From what I heard he was a hard worker, good guy, and easy to get along with. Not sure what the hostility is about.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, people here are all about ripping the shit out of people they've never met...

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ain't that the fucking truth.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wish ATH was on later in the day. We don't have TV in the newsroom, and I'm usually covering games at 5. I hate missing the best show on ESPN. Has Whitlock ever been on ATH? I wouldn't mind seeing him competitively banter with Woody, Adande and the guy who looks a bit like Malcolm X.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially if they are "a bloated fat ass" or "skinny as shit."

Draft saved Draft deleted