1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Knight slaps player ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Nov 14, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Well put, DD. I'm still not sure Knight should be raked over the coals for this one, but you put the raking crowd's opinion in pretty coherent intelligence there. I still don't think what Knight did was a "slap," but whatever.

2. DD -
    I'm OK with it.
    My father's pretty pissed, though, and he's coming back from the dead to kick yer ass, hoser!

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If it is Coach K, it is a BIGGER story.

4. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

What if Coack K slapped one of those lying strippers? How big???

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Clarification required:

The rape comment was in response to a Connie Chung question regarding his treatment by the media. "If rape is inevitable, you might as well lay back and enjoy it." An idiotic analogy, to be sure. But far from a "ha-ha" joke.

The whip was a gift from his players. He was pictured jokingly wielding it against three of his players, one of whom was a white guy.

Not an apologist. I respect his coaching, and am amused at this latest incident; the man never learns. And it is fitting that he has to coach out the string of his career in a hoops backwater like Texas Tech rather than a legenadry place like Indiana.

But it is also important for one's facts to be straight when ripping or praising a man. Especially when bandying about words like "sociopath." I just happen to think he's an asshole. No need for further diagnosis.

6. Well, there are some hairsplitting there. The rape comment is what passes for a joke among sociopaths.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Let's make one thing very clear.

Any coach who has gotten a DUI has endangered people in a more serious manner than Bobby Knight ever has.

Draft saved Draft deleted