1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Knight appears to be slipping

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 6, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And why should I or anyone care about Will Fucking Wade over a guy who causes psychological and sometimes physical pain to people? Bagmen have been a part of college hoops since Adolph Rupp. Anyone who follows this game even lightly knows these schools are all shady to a degree. 1980s Pitt basketball when calipari was an assistant under Paul Evans and his Richard Simmons cut had athletic dorms that looked like a new Chevrolet dealer. Jerome Lane and Charles Smith didn’t commit her response because they like primanti sandwiches and the view from Mt. Washington.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Do you really think Knight’s Hoosiers and Bennett’s Cavaliers are shady to a degree?

You forget Cal telling kids Lou C had cancer and was going to die soon.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can you list those areas?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can list one, JC. You never left an interview with Knight without a full notebook and a good story. It's only now that I have been out of the business for a long time that I assess sports figures who haven't committed crimes as good or bad. On the job, I classified them as interesting or dull. Knight was never dull, though always an ass.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bob Knight was a rich man's Norm Stewart, amirite?

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Knight did a lot of good things quietly. Raising money for the IU library was a big thing for him.

Doesn’t make up for the way he treated people. Asshole doesn’t come close to strong enough.

He never could adjust to the way kids changed.

I’d never wish on anyone what he’s (apparently) starting to go through. Alzheimer’s/dementia is my worst fear.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Paterno gave a million at least to Penn State. How much does it cost to wipe the guilt of child abuse?

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

with or without national championships

heyabbott likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I believe still in Lubbock

12. Scout