1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Dylan Endorses Obama, sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

In an apparent break from the singer-songwriter's lifelong policy of refusing to make political endorsements, Dylan told The Times of London, "Well, you know right now America is in a state of upheaval.

"Poverty is demoralizing,'' he said. "You can't expect people to have the virtue of purity when they are poor. But we've got this guy out there now who is redefining the nature of politics from the ground up — Barack Obama. He's redefining what a politician is, so we'll have to see how things play out. Am I hopeful? Yes, I'm hopeful that things might change. Some things are going to have to."

Dylan, 67, reportedly shook hands with his interviewer and as he walked out the door, added, "You should always take the best from the past, leave the worst back there and go forward into the future."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=5014367&page=1

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Doesn't sound like this Dylan..

"Now, the man on the stand he wants my vote,
    He's a-runnin' for office on the ballot note.
    He's out there preachin' in front of the steeple,
    Tellin' me he loves all kinds-a people.
    (He's eatin' bagels
    He's eatin' pizza
    He's eatin' chitlins
    He's eatin' bullshit!)"

This Obama guy must be all right if he's got Dylan on his side.

Draft saved Draft deleted