1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Dylan Another Self Portrait (1969-1971): The Bootleg Series Vol. 10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Humungus

Humungus Member

is there a way to buy only the live concert? all the live stuff I've heard from that era with The Band sounds amazing. the rest of it doesn't interest me.

2. vicd

vicd Active Member

Never understood the hatred of Self-Portrait, but to each his own. His version of "Take a Message to Mary" has always been a favorite.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's 'All the Tired Horses.'

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just got the RS issue with the review. (Who the fuck is Macklemore and what is doing on the cover of the Rolling fucking Stone?) No surprise bag-licker extraordinaire David Fricke wrote it, Dylan must have let him hand out while he was putting it together.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The stuff on the NPR link sounds pretty cool.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

New song out, new album coming:

You can listen to the song at the link.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Good news. I feared when he named his last album "Tempest" (a really solid album) that he might be channeling Shakespeare and quitting recording.

It's amazing how good the final act of his career has been. I even enjoy the growl his voice has become the last several years. It works on tracks like Duquesne Whistle and Pay In Blood quite well.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted