1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boarding school

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My favorite airline just became slightly cooler by getting rid of the "cattle call" at their gates. Southwest now has numbers to go along with their boarding groups:

http://www.southwest.com/help/boardingschool/

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

best thing is they stopped letting passengers with kids board first just because they have young kids.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

JetBlue still is my favorite.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It doesn't fly where I live.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Just make sure you wear appropriate clothing.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'm not sure that's a good thing. The reason they got to go first was so the line didn't get jammed while parents folded up their strollers at the end of the jetway, and then while parents wrangled everybody while trying to put a carseat in. The parents-with-young-kids rule benefits the childless as well as the childed (childed?). And, yes, I have small children, but, yes, I am as intolerant as anyone about other people's kids if I'm traveling without them. After all, if I wanted to hear children, I would have stayed home to hear my own! :)

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is the first time I've ever heard of someone complaining that people with young kids get to board the plane first.
    My goal is to board last. If I'm going to be cooped up in a plane, I don't want to sit there for 20 minutes while the rest of the passengers board.

Draft saved Draft deleted