1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blow to the Orange

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ColbertNation, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

From the desk of Andy Katz ...
    SU guard Andy Rautins blew out his knee in Canada's loss to Brazil on Wednesday in the Tournament of the Americas. Boeheim told Katz he's 99% sure Rautins is lost for the season.
    Kinda sucks for SU, but they're so guard-heavy this year, I don't know how much of a difference it will make. I guess it just means more playing time for turnover machine Eric Devendorf and unproven and overhyped Josh Wright. In any case, the young Orange just got a lot younger.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about Tennessee's backup tight end blowing out his knee.

3. It was a wrist and he was a starter.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Close enough.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

What he said.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought this thread was about Syracuse football. Then I remembered that the Orange suck.

7. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

This is devastating for the 'Cuse. Rautins is their zone-buster, the way G-Mac was as a frosh and sophomore.

Boeheim will have plenty of guards, but someone has to step up and bury 3s. Incoming guard Jonny Flynn is more of a playmaker than a perimeter shooter, but he'll at least create options for Paul Harris, Devandorf, etc.

Josh Wright, by the way, is a quality role player. I wouldn't trust him on the court for 35 minutes a night, but he can contribute when he's playing 12 or 15 -- which would be the best he could hope for.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I saw the game last night (tape delay) on FSN Midwest of the Brazil-Canada tilt. He injured it several minutes after he checked in. Not a good sight to see.

9. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Yeah, it's hard to imagine that SU football could sink any lower at this point. The only blow to that team would be if they signed Greg Robinson to an extension.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Damn, that sucks.

More Devendorf is not a good thing for the Orange. ::)

Poor farmerjerome. :-[

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

And I thought this thread was going to be about either Miami or Northern Ireland.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck the Orange and up the Green, White and Gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted