1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomsburg U. baseball player Joey Casselberry kicked off team after Mo'ne Davis tweet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

As athletes go, baseball players are among the dumbest. Not sure if they are the sluttiest.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm staying away from the sluttiest designation, but I've had baseball players in my classes over the last few years, and they've actually been pretty good students. Looking down the list of the academic majors of baseball players here, it's pretty impressive: Lots of business students, engineering, pre-med...lots of high-achieving baseball players in these parts.

Football, on the other hand, churns out many communications majors and, even worse, "general studies" majors. I'm not sure what they're qualified to do when they graduate.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Steve Garvey was a slut.
    One of baseball's sluttier sluts!

Ace likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A wholesome slut!

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I have said essentially this about 1,000 times on this forum. At my high school and from what I covered in pros and college, it's not even close.

I'm not talking about book smarts. I'm talking about having the restraint not to say stupid shit, all the time.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wonder why that is. Maybe it's because in most other sports after games or practices you've worked really hard and are too tired to sit around and shoot the shite in your underwear. In baseball, you rarely break a sweat. You're bored from standing around in the outfield so you think up stupid crap to BS about.

Draft saved Draft deleted