1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomberg : Debates a Waste of Time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

The FBI's investigation of AIPAC, an organization Bloomberg has poured millions into, says it's a legitimate question. I'm not an anti-semite, and I don't talk out my ass....

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Was Bloomberg implicated in that investigation?

Because otherwise your assertion does not follow.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

No, he wasn't, and your point is well taken. But he's still a part of that organization along with others whose beliefs have lead to policies that have us in this fukked up war in Iraq.

I don't know how that fits an anti semetic agenda on my part. But then again, I didn't clarify myself with my first statement as I'm doing now.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

And to the "good doctor," people like are the reason why African Americans rarely end up on Sunday Morning talk shows, only called upon when the subject talks about race.

I guarantee you I have a greater understanding of world politics than your punk ass, but that didn't stop you from typecasting me as a close minded rap loving, Barry Bonds defending Negro.

No wonder you co-sign Jason "I don't follow politics" Whitlock. You're both cut from the same cloth.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I would love it if you went through my posts and found anything, ANYTHING, where I insulted any race, religion or sexual orientation.

Hell, I'd like you to find a post of mine where I ever defended Whitlock.

Climb off your high horse, asshole.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

What was insulting is to automatically typecast me in the role of defending things considered "black." Who do you think you're fooling? I defended hip hop? Not the trash midldle America and their buying power has ruined. Barry Bonds? Wow......that's about as surprising as an ESPN poll result regarding whose in his camp.

You don't know me to tell me what's over my head while whats in it playboy.

Stay in your position.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, sir.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chee --

I'm willing to take you at face value and believe that you meant to say:

"Bloomberg will have to face some tough questions about his donations of millions of dollars to Israeli lobbying groups that have been investigated by the FBI."

I'd challenge the logic of that statement -- Bloomberg has billions to give and support for Israel has rarely gotten an American politician in trouble.

I still find it hard to believe that you didn't see how people were going to take your statement -- the way you originally phrased it, not the way you are defending it -- as anti-Semitic. But like I said, I'll take you at your word.

And you're barking up the complete wrong tree with Doc here, but I'll let you figure that out on your own.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And way to change your argument. First, you insinuate I'm a racist; then, when I challenge you to present any evidence of the fact, the argument becomes something else.

I could throw your arguments right back at you, saying that you don't know me, who I am, my color, my background or anything of the sort. But that would just get us into a maze of circular logic, and you're not worth my time.

Enjoy your debates, they seem to be the only reason you post here.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

No. I think you have a jaded view of me which fits the typical negro profile.
    I can understand why some would feel that way because I didn't clarify myself the way I should. But more often than not, when you donate millions to an organization where two of its memebers were accused of spying and some of its former members helped to shape the policies that pushed us into Iraq, I have to worry about it. It wasn't a worry when voting for him for mayor.

Draft saved Draft deleted