1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomberg : Debates a Waste of Time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

With his unquestioned backing of AIPAC and the pro-Israel lobby, I think its a legitmate question based on his own actions. He believes that what is good for the state of Israel is good for the USA as a whole. And me thinking that may not always be the case makes me an anti-Semite? Even Israeli politicians have told US officials to temper their comments regarding Israels actions in Lebanon. Are they Anti-American for doing so? No since what maybe best for the US interest may not be whats best for Israel.

I still think he would make the best candidate to run for public office, but it's a legitimate question one should ask.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You should stick to talking about rap music and B*nds. You're way out of your element here, and it's getting worse with each post.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I haven't bought a hip hop album in over 8 years and have rarely if ever made a comment about Bonds on this site.

But thanks for the negro typecasting.....

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The United States has supported Israel vehemently from seconds after its declaration of independence until this very second all without benefit of a Jewish president, and you honestly don't see how your framing the question as specific to Bloomberg strikes people as bigoted?

C'mon, man. Nobody's that thick.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's the whole reason you started posting ... back during Whitlock's column fallout, IIRC. But thanks for trying to label me a racist.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Hey, I voted for that man for two straight elections. I don't really care if people "think" I'm bigotted against Bloomberg because I know I've backed him in the past and would back his candidacy for president. But it's a legitimate question.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's a legitimate question for all candidates running for office.

Addressing it specifically to Bloomberg in the manner you did is bigoted.

Saying you have supported him in the past is the equivalent of the "Some of my best friends are black" argument.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Racism has the
    The whole reason I started posting in here wasn't for the defense of an artform that's been hiajcked by the corporate offices of Madison Avenue for the consumption of your sons and daughters. That music is so far gone and isn't worth defending. I spoke out against the misinformation of African Americans that fat turd pushes.

Racism has the power to affect lives. You don't have that power over a messageboard, so I would never call you nothing more than a toothless bigot.

9. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

It comes off bigotted to those who want to label me as such. I'm speaking off the merit of his own actions, not simply because he's jewish. And I'm not talking about a group of "people" like people who use that "some of my best friends are black" card. I'm speaking on Mike Bloomberg, not every person of the Jewish faith.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Then you'll be happy to provide instances where other current candidates for office said they don't support Israel, or where Bloomberg has said he would be more vigorous in such support?

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Why is there a "don't support Israel" angle? Israel plays an important role for the US in the middle east. I'd be a complete dumb ass to dismiss Israel. But whats best for Israel at times may not be best for the U.S..

Have you ever read "A clean Break" by Richard Perle? Its a template drawn up over 10 years ago of our current actions in Iraq. I don't think that was what's best for our country, do you?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is your post. You'll be happy to elaborate on which specific policies Bloomberg has advocated that other candidates for president haven't also advocated that lead you to this conclusion, since you say it is based on his actions and not on his being Jewish.

Or you'll dodge the question again. I think I know where the smart money is going.

Draft saved Draft deleted