1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bloomberg : Debates a Waste of Time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

watch out for those Eyetalians.......they're all in the Mafia ya know and will cut your finger off if you look at them the wrong way.

Don't get me started on eskimos.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't understand....I don't usually follow these threads. Why would this be an issue?

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Because the Jews stick together and their allegiance is to Israel first, and the United States second. Everyone knows that.

::)

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't mean to break up what I'm sure will be a hilarious shredding, but "Ross Perot with better timing."

Has anyone ever been damned by fainter praise?

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention an African-American with a middle eastern name.

Throw in the Mormon and whoever else we can label, and you have a race that almost resembles America...diverse and minority. Not that any of these people would make good presidents, but it's nice to see something other than middle-aged white Christian men in their standard-issue red ties.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Huh. I didn't know that. Thank you for explaining, maybe Big Chee will elaborate when he returns. I always liked Bloomberg, this is disappointing.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Trust me, I like Bloomberg as well and feel he has been the most effective mayor this city has had in 20 years and would vote for him before any candidate currently running for office, including Barack Obama. But I do find that for some Jewish politicians, whats best for Israel is put before the interest of whats best for the U.S.

To throw Catholics, blacks and others in the boat is silly since there isn't an African American run country whose policies can get in the way of whats in the best interest for the US.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

As opposed to Christian politicians awaiting the red heifer and the return of the Messiah to Jerusalem? Israel is just as much a fetish for them.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I've thrown the Ralph Reed's of the world in the same pot. Why is it a problem?

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Assclown. Beat me to it, HH

This thread is getting more amusing with every page.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I think to say that certain Jewish politicians care overmuch about Israel is to say nothing - but to say it in a vaguely unfriendly way. American foreign policy, and therefore our politics, for the last 60 years have been inextricably tied to Israel. So have American politicians, of every stripe, color and creed. For better and worse, Israel is the gravitational center of all American policy in the Middle East. To limit the observation of our fixation with Israel to Jewish politicians rings a little anti-Semitic.

Draft saved Draft deleted